Are you tired of stubborn fat under your chin? Kybella may be the solution you’ve been looking for. Kybella is an FDA-approved injectable treatment that targets and eliminates unwanted fat cells beneath the chin, helping you achieve a more sculpted and defined facial profile. But what exactly does the Kybella treatment process entail?
Understanding what to expect helps reduce worry and guarantees you are well-prepared for the treatment. This step-by-step guide will walk you through what to expect during a Kybella treatment, from the pre-treatment consultation to the recovery process. So, let’s dive in and explore everything you need to know about Kybella!
What is Kybella?
Kybella is a non-surgical injectable treatment used to improve the appearance of submental fullness, more commonly known as a double chin. The treatment involves injecting a substance into the subcutaneous fat under the chin, which helps to break down and absorb the fat cells.
The active ingredient in Kybella, deoxycholic acid, destroys fat cells. When injected into the subcutaneous fat layer, deoxycholic acid breaks down the cell membrane of the fat cells, causing them to break and release their contents. The body then naturally absorbs and eliminates the destroyed fat cells over time. This process results in a noticeable reduction in submental fat, leading to a more defined jawline.
Before the Kybella treatment, a consultation with a medical professional is necessary. This consultation will help determine if Kybella is the proper treatment for you and if you are a good candidate for the procedure. During the consultation at LineOut Aesthetics, we will discuss your medical history, goals, and expectations for the treatment.
We will perform a physical examination to evaluate the area of concern and determine if you are a good candidate for the Kybella treatment. It will involve assessing the amount of fat in the targeted area and the condition of your skin. It is essential to ask questions and express concerns during this consultation to ensure you fully understand the Kybella treatment process.
Preparation for Treatment
Kybella treatment requires proper preparation to ensure the safety and effectiveness of the procedure. Here are the steps involved in preparing for a Kybella treatment:
- Application of Numbing Cream: A numbing cream will be applied to the treatment area before the procedure. This is to help minimize discomfort during the treatment.
- Cleaning and Sterilization of the Treatment Area: The treatment area will be cleaned and sterilized to reduce the risk of infection. It is essential to avoid using makeup, lotions, or other topical products on the treatment area on the day of the procedure.
- Marking the Injection Points: We will mark the injection points on the treatment area using a marker. The injection points are usually evenly spaced in a grid pattern, and the number of points will depend on the amount of fat to be removed. The markings will serve as a guide during the treatment process.
The Kybella Treatment Process
Here’s what you can expect during a Kybella treatment:
Injection of Kybella into the treatment area.
We will use a small needle to inject Kybella into the marked points in the treatment area. Once injected, Kybella destroys fat cells, which are eliminated from the body through natural processes.
Does it hurt?
Some patients may experience mild discomfort or stinging sensations during the injection process. Still, the numbing cream should help minimize any discomfort. The entire process is usually well-tolerated, and patients can generally resume their normal activities immediately after the treatment.
How many treatments are required?
The number of injections required for each patient varies depending on the amount of fat to be removed and the patient’s individual goals. However, on average, most patients require two to six treatments, each spaced about four to six weeks apart.
How long does the process last?
The entire treatment process usually takes about 15 to 20 minutes to complete.
After the treatment, patients may experience swelling, redness, or bruising in the treated area. Still, these side effects are usually mild and subside within a few days. After treatment, patients can immediately return to their regular activities. Still, it is recommended to avoid strenuous exercise or vigorous activity for at least 24 hours after the procedure.
After the Kybella treatment, taking care of the treated area is essential to ensure the best possible outcome. Here are some care instructions to follow:
- Ice the area: Apply ice to the treated area to help reduce swelling and discomfort. Do this for 10 to 15 minutes, several times daily, for the first 48 hours after treatment.
- Avoid touching or rubbing the treated area: This can increase the risk of infection and may cause swelling and bruising.
- Avoid strenuous exercise 24 to 48 hours after treatment to minimize swelling and bruising.
- Keep the area clean: Be sure to keep the treated area clean and dry to reduce the risk of infection.
- Avoid sun exposure: Stay out of direct sunlight and tanning beds for a few days after treatment. Use sunscreen and a hat to protect the treated area if you go outside.
- Stay patient: It takes time for the full results of the Kybella treatment to show. You may experience swelling, bruising, and redness for a few days after treatment. These side effects should subside within a week or two.
- Follow up with your provider: We may recommend additional treatments to achieve your desired results. Follow our instructions carefully to ensure the best possible outcome.
Choose LineOut Aesthetics for Your Kybella Treatment
Kybella is an excellent option for people who want to reduce the appearance of submental fullness or a “double chin.” While the treatment process may seem daunting, it is a simple and effective way to get desired results. Before your Kybella treatment, consult a qualified medical professional to discuss your goals and ensure that you are a good candidate for the treatment.
At LineOut Aesthetics, our highly skilled medical professionals have extensive experience performing Kybella treatments. We are dedicated to helping our clients achieve their desired look in a safe and comfortable environment. If you are considering Kybella, contact us today and learn more about this innovative treatment and how it can benefit you.